Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It's Time to STOP!


Okay, this title could go in so many directions, because I need to say it in several different areas of my life.  My first thought was this blog.  I read other blogs, and I think "that was good" or "I'm inspired and encouraged."  Mine?  Not so much.  It is SO boring!  I started thinking why is it I like others, and other than those bloggers being good writers, they are being honest.  I haven't been as honest in my journey the last a couple of weeks as I probably should have been.  Part of me wants to be, but then there are parts that don't want to say write too much.  Of course, a non-functioning brain is part of the problem as well.  I seem to have inspirational moments when I'm not anywhere near a computer or piece of paper.  When I am near one, I tend to forget what I wanted to say, or I just want to write something to just have said I am doing my missions.  The funny thing is I'm doing the missions, but I don't always put them into practice everyday.  Yes, I know it is okay to not be so strict on myself, but it is time to stop the excuses!  I'm tired of being this way, and the only way to change, is just to do it! 

Days Day 16: Stop Overeating Part 1 and Day 17: Stop Overeating Part 2  cover one of my biggest problems, and that is overeating!  I do pretty decent while I'm at work, since I have to plan my meals/snacks ahead of time. However, in the evening it is a little more difficult. I'm putting the leftovers away, and I'm trying to eat slower. The last year has been eating as fast as I can just so I can eat.  Didn't matter what it was or how much, I just needed food. Now it is time to slow down. I have even decided I would eat at my mother's pace the next time we eat a meal with them. She is so slow, but it would do me some good to do the same.  I would probably taste my food more, and quickly learn that I really don't enjoy some of the foods I think I do. As for why I overeat, I need to address several areas.  Probably the top three I deal with are the clock reads it is time, cost effective/doesn't go to waste, and rewarding myself. The last couple of days, I've caught myself "rewarding" myself. Oh, "I deserve it" for whatever reason. No more!  It is time to stop encouraging unhealthy habits and fueling my emotional eating!  I wonder if I'm saying that because I know the Hersey bars are now out of the house?  :-)

If only I was this cute with food all over my face....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl!! Just wanted to share with you that I have those feelings too when it comes to blogging. :) "Is this thing on? Is anyone really reading this? Does it really matter?" I ask myself all of these questions and think the same things you do at times about other blogs I read. I guess it's just natural. Either way, I just wanted to let you know I'm still here and still reading and don't find it boring at all. :)

    ReplyDelete