Thursday, April 19, 2012
I Learn Something New Everyday
Yesterday's mission was Day 19: Eat Breakfast Lose Weight. You can learn interesting things when you "Google" words or phrases. I decided to search "breakfast quotes", and was surprised at the number that came up. Of course, "Breakfast of Champions" was listed as slang for the first alcoholic drink of the day. However, I didn't know there was a book or movie, or if I did, I completely forgot. The quote that stood out the most and made me laugh out loud was "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast". That mental image just cracked me up!
I don't remember much about breakfast from my childhood other than Sunday mornings. I remember we sat at the table before church and the big breakfast which many times included pancakes. I can picture the grill my parents used, and when it came to biscuits, they were the best. My college years and up until a year or so ago, I would skip breakfast or eat very little. At work, it may have been a pop-tart or something I could grab. On occasion I would pick up a Chick-Fil-A biscuit or egg sandwich from Rama Jama's. Then, last June, after I returned to work from maternity leave, my husband I started carpooling to work. He liked to go to a fast food restaurant and pick up breakfast, so I quickly joined in. It is easy after all, and I found that it kept me full most of the morning. However, this last month, I started preparing my breakfast to take with me (Oatmeal, egg on wheat toast, whole wheat bagel), and this week, I prepared breakfast for both of us almost everyday. He was amazed at how much better he felt from eating a healthier breakfast, and I like the facts we are eating healthier and spending less money.
So to all you who skip breakfast...stop! Grab a piece of fruit and some yogurt, or a whole wheat bagel with a low-fat spread, or even eggs and whole wheat toast. As for me, I'm going to look for healthier options such as whole wheat pancakes which is something I can freeze. If you have any healthy breakfast recipes, please pass them along.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kashi frozen waffles, (or eggo low-fat nutrigrain), Carey's sugar free syrup, and microwavable turkey sausage links works me... breakie of champions and takes all of 5 minutes to make.
ReplyDelete