Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I Need a Lab Coat!

Day 3 - Trade Your Judge's Robe For a Lab Coat  This was a little harder than I realized it would be.  Actually, it was harder than the thirty minutes on the elliptical was yesterday, because changing the mindset is hard!  I wrote down a few things, but when I started to write my observation, I felt like I was just making up excuses (where is that lab coat?!).  Again, my train of thought will need to change, but the main thing for me at this point is to be aware of it.  I was completely relieved today when my doctor informed me that it would take three months to see results from the (small) changes I'm making.  I'm not making drastic changes like The Biggest Loser contestants or even others I know.  I'm trying to take it one day at a time, so hopefully, I'll make changes that will last. 

Having said all that, I didn't make the best choices today at lunch.  The fried chicken on the salad wasn't healthy, but good news is I did get more vegetables in instead of eating french fries.  Now, I don't plan to make this a habit, but it is a slow process.  Oh, I did walk to eat instead of driving somewhere.  The best part about lunch was catching up with a friend I don't talk as often as I would like.  The sad part is we work in the same building, but I'm just too lazy to go up two flights of stairs.  Se is so dear to me!  She is one of the few people that has been there for me through some rough (and the smooth) times in my life.  She is a wonderful friend, and I think a mother who does all that she cans for her children.  I just wish she would do for herself, because she totally deserves it!  I'm glad she has given me permission to "bug" her about it.  Look out!  I've already set up a task in Outlook to remind me.  :-)

While I didn't workout today like yesterday, all I really need to do is follow this one around the house.
Are you watching me?

Doesn't this just bring a smile to your face?

1 comment:

  1. I nned to borrow your note idea. We have been doing MyFitnessPal since the first of the year. It really makes you think about what you are eating. I have lost 24 pounds in 3 months. It is a long, slow journey. It is so much easier to put it on than take it off.

    Pecan is adorable. I love seeing her pictures.

    ReplyDelete