We are only on day 2 of the 30 Day Weightloss-athon, and I'm already realizing just how many areas I have lost control over which led me to the place I am now (physically). One of them is just how much sugar I eat and drink. I watched this interview, "Sugar and Kids: The Toxic Truth", and it got me to thinking just how much sugar I take in. How much sugar am I giving my family? Dr. Gupta made a very valid point about eating the things that are usually on the "outer perimeter of the grocery store, because the inside stuff is packaged and processed foods". Thinking back to my grocery store run yesterday, I had 13 out of 29 items that came from the outside perimeter. Of the remaining 16 items, 10 were not the greatest but not the worst: oatmeal, protein bars, peanut butter, pasta, G2, Rotel tomatoes, and reduced calorie wheat bread. That leaves 6 items that I need to rethink health over convenience. It really wouldn't take that long to make real mashed potatoes over instant, but a baked potato would be even better. Do I really need to make cupcakes for Easter? Well, this time I will, but what about the future? Funny thing is I have a freezer full of foods that are good for us, but I fail to take them out in time. I so need to work on planning our meals. Some weeks I do better than others. Anyway, it is something to think about. Maybe I should put sugar in a see thru container for me to see when I go into the kitchen? If I had the time, I would spoon out sugar to the equivalent of what is in the food I'm eating at the time. That would definitely be a wake-up call!
Day 2's challenge was to "Move Your Body and Reframe from Sweat" which was to consist of moving for only 10 minutes. I went to the Rec during lunch, and moved for 33 minutes on the Elliptical. When I got home from work, we all walked around the circle. It took way more than 10 minutes, because a little someone couldn't make up her mind if she wanted to walk, drive, or push. It's so tough being little. Anyway, Day 2 is complete!
Here is Pecan from the weekend. She was so tired at lunch,Saturday, she couldn't stay awake.
Sunday, she is looking sweet as ever with her Cheerios. This was before she started dumping them onto the floor.
Here is the sweetest thing I saw on this Monday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment