I've been thinking of the positives of being pregnant. Some of the positives would normally be embarrassing, but when you are pregnant, people don't judge you the same way.
- While eating, you drop food all over yourself. I actually found cupcake crumbs in my sweater four hours after one of my baby showers, and no one had said anything about it.
- While eating, you drop food all over yourself in places you once could see but not any more. I was eating leftover baby shower cake this week, and apparently, I dropped some on the leg of my pants. I didn't realize it was there, until my boss wiped it off. I told you in an earlier blog that I work with and for wonderful people!
- I could eat anything and everything, and no one would say anything. Actually, people tell you to eat whatever you want just because you can. However, I haven't been able to do that as much as I probably could have. (oh by the way, Baby Gooden just kicked me while writing this one. She must be wanting something or she is enjoying the sweet tea I've already consumed this morning).
- People are more understanding when you just can't function from lack of sleep. Not that anyone has ever said anything to me about that, but I've allowed myself to feel guilty plenty of times for it before pregnancy.
- Feel motivated to workout. Okay, I haven't done as well with this the last few weeks as I did in the beginning, but I can definitely see why women go for long walks at this stage. It just feels better.
- No one talks about you for not working out. I really am blessed to work with some wonderful people who have both encouraged me to workout, but understand when I don't feel like.
- You can sleep as much as you like or your body allows you to. I think I slept most of the 1st trimester, but haven't slept as much since. Of course, I wasn't much of a sleeper before, but I do wish I had the energy to do everything I would like to do (or need to).
- Can have emotional breakdowns over nothing. This happened at work before I had told anyone which is now one of the funniest moments from my pregnancy. However, another one is breaking down in Buy Buy Baby when I was told the chest of drawers for the nursery actually had to be ordered which would take 8 weeks even though it had a "Take Home Today" sign on it.
- You can wear the same clothes over and over. I'm better off with as few of choices as possible, so only having a few things to wear is much better. Plus, no one is going to say anything about wearing the same thing five days in a row. Okay, I haven't done that...yet.
- You get to wear some of the most comfortable clothes. I really have enjoyed wearing my maternity clothes. They are so comfortable, and it is very tempting to keep wearing them especially around Thanksgiving and Christmas when we tend to eat more.
- You can be that lady who stares at someone you know but can't remember their name. Normally, I would just keep going, but not this week Noooo...I literally stopped at this table and kept staring. I couldn't think of anything to say, until the lady ask "do I know you?" I finally was able to say my maiden name, and she was able to figure out who I was. I think this will be another one of those funny moments from pregnancy.
- While you normally don't have much energy, when you do, look out! I go to bed at night hating the way the house looks from all the clutter. However, there have been two 5am cleaning sprees in the last couple of weeks. Now if Trent would nest...
- While pregnant, there are definitely times when you aren't very ladylike for whatever the reason...you just have days that aren't your best. This has happened plenty of times, and Trent still loves me.
This is wonderful and OH so true. Although it comes with some side effects :) It is simply wonderful. I must confess I sometimes do miss those little bumps, hiccups, KICKS. Oh what great joy to be blessed with.
ReplyDeleteWhen you get the urge to clean the can opener - you will know it's going to be soon!
ReplyDeleteThat's a good one Nancy! I haven't gotten to that point, so maybe I have a little while longer. Ha! :-)
ReplyDelete