Today didn't start out quite like we had planned. This is the first Sunday in 2011 afterall, so what should we have done? Of course, go worship our Lord. However, after not sleeping well last night, my wonderful husband didn't want to disturb my peaceful sleeping when it was time to get up. I remember seeing 7:45am, and thinking we could still make Sunday School. The next thing I knew it was somewhere between 9:30 and 10 which gave us no time to make any service. Very disappointing, but the rest was very much needed.
We grabbed something to eat, bought a few things at Sam's, and then headed to the farm. I thought it would be a beautiful day to see the newborns.
 |
| Trent's calf back in November at 3 days old. |
 |
| His calf today at 6 weeks old. | |
 |
| If you look closely, on the left is a baby donkey that was born the Sunday before Christmas making him two weeks old. | |
|
|
|
I thought Baby Gooden needed to have a picture with one of the newborns. We weren't able to get close enough to make a great picture, but this was close enough for me.
It was a great day on the farm. I love seeing the animals, and the sounds and smells take me back to my childhood visiting my grandparents. It is a peaceful place which also reminds me of Jesus' humble beginnings.
I know Trent can't wait to share this with our baby, and I must say neither can I.
Nicely put. I'm glad it was a day turned into memories.
ReplyDelete