Saturday, January 15, 2011

Baby's First Shower




We had our first baby shower Thursday, January 13th, and I do believe it is fitting that it was given by the people I work with.  I spend more time with this group than anyone else except Trent.   We had Olive Garden lasagna, salad, and breadsticks which were all so good! Of course, we have to have action shots while eating. Yes, Carol you can thank me later for not posting "that" picture of you.  :-)

LaDonna and Marilyn
Erica, Jennifer, Michelle, Lauren, and Carol
We played a game where we had to guess what baby food was in each jar.  I can honestly say I didn't do well with this game, but it was a lot of fun.
I must be concentrating really hard to be biting my lip. 

Jennifer, Kelly, and Tammy
Tiffany and Alaina (who guessed 9 out of 12 to win)

Then we enjoyed some delicious cake from The Dessert Box http://thedessertbox.blogspot.com/
They used our baby bedding for the design.
It really does taste as good as it looks!
Of course, there were presents.  Unfortunately, I haven't taken a picture of all the wonderful things we received, such as the cute outfits/picture frame/blanket from Glenda, cute outfit from Deb, cute outfits and picture frame from Aunt Tanta, and the generous gift certificate to Downtown Baby from all three offices.  Just incase you are wonder, all baby outfits are cute.  I do have to share the picture of Trent holding....
Yes, that is a princess potty/stool from The Graham Family.  Can't you see how excited Trent is?
So, if you are wondering what a great group of co-workers look like there is no need to look any further.  Here they are (minus several people who weren't able to make it)...

Trent summed it up best when we were walking to the car.  He said "you really do work with some great people."  I can honestly say that is true.  Baby Gooden may never know the encouragement, support, and the reasons for all the laughing I've had during pregnancy, but I can't wait for her to meet the people behind it all!






       

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun!! Nice gifts to shower your sweet baby girl with. The cake was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a great time! I am very happy for you both!! Now, Trent and you have to fly over here, so baby Gooden may have a brazilian shower... hehe

    ReplyDelete