Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Fresh Start

I love a new year as I feel like I have a time to start over where I failed the year before.  Of course, I truly believe we can start over at any time, but somehow January 1st feels like a clean slate.

We started off the new year resting and relaxing.  Trent watched football and read numerous articles he had saved up.  I watched a little football, a little TV, and read a magazine.  I also started two things today that have been on my list for a while, but failed to just get started. The clean slate of the new year seemed like a good time to start.  One is starting Kay Arthur's Bible study on Matthew.  I found this study after hearing her at the Deeper Still conference back in December. The study is on one website, and the video on another.  I'm praying this will be a daily study to dig into God's Word.  While I will be hearing Kay Arthur teach, it will encourage me to read the Word daily.  I'm looking forward to it.  The second thing I started was this blog.  It took three people to help me with the name and URL, and then another friend's blog to give me some ideas on the various segments of it.  As you can tell, it is still a work in progress, and those technical design parts may have to be left to Trent...for now. 

I look forward to posting not only what God is showing us, but to give us a place to post pictures and blogs of our soon to be joyful noise, Baby Gooden.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Linda has a blog! Hope everything is going well for you two and I am excited for you as you approach motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! You have a blog. I had no idea. Looking forward to getting you know you better and will be praying for these next few days/weeks. I must say that little girls born in February are very sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, I have a blog, but as you can tell I don't post very often. However, I was motivated by several blogs including yours. I have loved reading your blog which has encouraged me in preparing for Baby Gooden's arrival. I really do appreciate your prayers!

    ReplyDelete