Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Time is Drawing Near

What do you do the day before you life is about to change forever?  That is what I asked Trent earlier today.  His response was, "do the thing you will never be able to do again," and that is exactly what I did...what we did. We spent most of the day relaxing.  It started off with us sleeping in, but that could have been caused from me getting up every hour during the night to use the bathroom.  We didn't make it to church, but I had spent time with God watching one of my Bible study videos this morning at 5am in between bathroom breaks.  :-)  We watched the pastor, Ed Young, on TV while we ate breakfast.  We sat close sharing the newspaper while listening to Christian music.  I took a long bath, and read more information regarding labor and delivery to know what to expect tomorrow with an induction.  I washed a load of clothes, and made sure the kitchen was clean.  I addressed thank you notes, and Trent worked on the email distribution lists he will be using tomorrow to send out information regarding Baby G.  We both talked with our parents to discuss when we will see them tomorrow, because there isn't a need for anyone else to lose sleep.

Of course, I can't help but think of the many, many things I need to do, but realize at this point it doesn't matter.  It doesn't matter that the house isn't perfect, or that I haven't read every single book on parenting.  We are about to welcome the most beautiful baby that has been "fearfully and wonderfully made".  No matter what happens tomorrow, God is good, and He will help me from being anxious in anything that comes. Our lives will change forever, and I can't wait to see our baby girl for the first time.  Tomorrow we become parents which was in God's plan before He created the heavens and earth. Thank you, Lord, for this blessing.  We await the joyful noises we will soon hear for the first time. 

1 comment: